Please join us for the ribbon cutting ceremony of the new Laguna Honda Community Trail System September 28th.
The Laguna Honda Community Trail System is a 2.5 mile multi use recreational trail with convenient access across from Forest Hill Station and local neighborhoods. The trail passes though a diversity of vegetation from forest to grassland, has several great views, and connects to even bigger urban adventures like the new Crosstown Trail.
In addition to the ribbon cutting, we’ll have a family friendly party. Meet the makers, enjoy some entertainment, and more.
- 10:00 AM: Event Starts
- 10:45 AM: Ribbon Cutting
- 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM: Meet the makers! Trail Tours! Family Fun! and More
(More details coming soon.)
The Grand Opening Celebration for the Community Trail System at Laguna Honda is in the morning! We hope you will join us.
How to get there:
The party will be held in the Betty Sutro Meadow of Laguna Honda Hospital and Rehabilitation Center.
The easiest way to access it is via hospital’s Main Entrance. Google Maps to 375 Laguna Honda Blvd will take you right there.
* By Public Transit: Take Muni K,L,M, 43, 44, 36, or 52 to Forest Hill Station. Enter the archway on the east side of Laguna Honda Boulevard, and walk up and to the left to the main entrance of the hospital.
* By Bicycle: Enter the main entrance of the hospital off Laguna Honda Boulevard), and take the first left at the stop sign. Take next (legal) right to the Main Entrance, and walk your bike through the courtyard. Bring a lock–we will have a bike parking area and some monitored bike parking.
* By Car: Drive in the main entrance of the hospital (375 Laguna Honda Boulevard). Take the first left at the stop sign. Continue straight past the main entrance up the hill to park in the Northwest Parking lot, then walk back down to the main entrance. There is also limited parking closer to the entrance for those who have mobility needs.
* Via the trail: If you are familiar with the trail system, see the map. We prefer that you enter via the main entrance to reduce conflict from the trail tours.
What to expect:
Morning snacks and coffee courtesy of Laguna Honda Hospital and Regrained Bars courtesy of Regrained.
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at 10:45!
Trail Tours start after.
Mid day snacks courtesy of Mike’s Bikes after the trail tours.
Lawn games, face painting, meet the makers, farm visits, and other fun from 10AM-1PM.
An important note:
To protect the privacy of the patients and residents of the Laguna Honda Hospital and Rehabilitation Center, we ask that you limit or avoid photography, in particular of any people you do not know. We will have an event photographer.
It’s going to be a great event!