SF Urban Riders would like to thank everyone for supporting our fundraising event!
Most important were our Event Sponsors – A complete list can be found here: SPONSORS.
Key were our major Sponsors Specialized Bicycles, Mikes Bikes, Sports Basement, Giant Bicycles, Roaring Mouse, Saris Cycling Group, Marin Bikes, Ride SFO, and Alaskan Brewing Company.
Equally important were our partners SF Recreation and Parks Department, SF Parks Alliance, and the Bike Monkey who worked together to overcome challenges, and delivered a safe, sustainable, and fun course.
Before we continue, it is important for SF Urban Riders to make this official disclaimer:
- McLaren Park is not a full-time race course or bike park – it has many other active user groups.
– Please ride the trails responsibly (take time and introduce yourself to some park regulars).
– Only ONE Day a Year to attempt setting a personal STRAVA record – that is SF MTB Race Day!
The best way to share the story of the SF MTB Festival is by sharing the Numbers and Photos from the event.
Results can be found on-line here: RESULTS
- 323 Overall competitive rider registrations
- 304 racers lined up at the line (a few heat withdrawals)
- 19 Competitors Under 18years old
- 41 Women racers
- 79 Beginner Category riders.
- 174 Sport Category riders.
- 56 Expert Category riders.
- 14 Pro/Elite Category riders.
- 131 T-shirts pre-sold.
- 33 People still waiting for Event T-shirts (we have not forgot you!).
- 118 racers with San Francisco zip codes.
- 5 riders from out of state (NV, CO, WY, GA)
- 70 kids participated in the bikes skills challenge.
- 70+ Parents cheered the young riders each lap.
- 5 Youth Bikes were raffled off to lucky kids (Specialized x3, and Giant x2).
- 32 Non-competitive participants rode to San Bruno Mountain and back.
- 400+ spectators enjoyed themselves in the amazing weather.
- 8 unique bike tire sizes (including 16″, 20″, 24″, 26″, 29″, 650b, 700c, 36″)
- Hundreds of great prizes from our sponsors.
- $5000 raised for the McLaren Bike Park project after expenses
More Post Event musings can be found here: